School History

After the establishment of the Inglewood Catholic Church in 1899 a young Irish priest, Father James McKenna, purchased a hall on the corner of Richmond and Carrington Streets and in 1906 established a Catholic School for Inglewood.  He named it St Patrick’s School. The existing school was built on its present site in 1926.

The Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions were at St Patrick’s School for over 73 years  until 1979.  Lay teachers began teaching at St Patrick’s in 1967.  In 1989 St Patrick’s became an Integrated State School in line with  most other Catholic Schools in New Zealand.